Hi. Thanks for stopping by, but this blog is now not in use, please go to www.mrtoodle.com to see my latest artwork and my full portfolio. Thanks for your time.

Monday, 4 May 2009

Twisted Creatures



Inspired by Michel Gagne’s Insanely Twisted Rabbits, these two chaps were created in 2006 as part of a creative game with some friends. The object of the game was that each month one of us would pick an animal and we’d each come up with our own twisted version of that animal. The game fizzled out quite quickly due to all our work pressures, which is a shame as we all enjoyed the challenge. I did get these two finished pieces out of it though.

2 comments:

  1. We should get that game fizzing again sir! Always loved your take on the orangutan polar bear (oranga bear...?)...he looks so inscrutable (as polar bears do... well I suppose all they are usually thinking what's that over there, will it let me eat it / will it try to eat me...oh and It's frickin' freezing...!). As for the manta, having seen Blue Planet I wouldn't be surprised at seeing something similar flapping up out of the depths. Great rippled light on the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, despite their twisted natures, both of these have real charm. We definitely should revive this little project, although I expect I'll be just as rubbish at getting mine done. There were some wonderful Turtles you did, I remember from the previous project...

    ReplyDelete