Hi. Thanks for stopping by, but this blog is now not in use, please go to www.mrtoodle.com to see my latest artwork and my full portfolio. Thanks for your time.

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Camel Spider Train


A little while ago I drew a
salamander as part of the great creature feature of this blog that is the twisted creatures game. I've been holding off from posting another disturbed animal in order to give the other two participants of the game, Kev and Matt, a chance to get in first. In the traditions of the game this would mean they would've been entitled to pick the next unlucky victim. But frankly I got bored of waiting (sorry guys, I know you're both busy) and decided to post what I had.

My first take on the subject was the guy at the bottom of this post, but after a while I felt I wanted to be a little more adventurous, and so left him unfinished (not quite undone, but close enough I feel, to qualify for this week Illustration Friday topic). I had thought about doing a desert scene when working on my camel, but didn't think the idea had much originality. But the same scene with camel spiders hopefully brings something surprising to the subject.

As for the next animal to become a victim of artistic harassment, hmm, how about the majestic (most of the time) giraffe?


6 comments:

  1. This is great, and sorry for not having done mine yet... Giraffe's are cool - can I skip the spider please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this minimalistic vector work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR MATEY ! SORRY, SORRY Phil for only just finding this (and for not doing mine, I'll get something done ASAP!!!). Thought you might have had something up your sleeve when you suggested Camel Spider for the Twisted Creatures... Great expression on the spider itself (like it's worried about being snuck up on) but the shining glory is the treatment on the sand dunes...nicely done sir, thought it was a photo at first. A lovely bit of observation. And a giraffe for the next creature is a top suggestion, sorry again that you have had to carry the whole endeavor... new year resolution: twisted creatures on time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! I love the way you handled those dunes.

    ReplyDelete