Hi. Thanks for stopping by, but this blog is now not in use, please go to www.mrtoodle.com to see my latest artwork and my full portfolio. Thanks for your time.

Thursday, 14 January 2010

IF 'confined'


I was going to say that if you're confined, you might as well make the best use of your time and read a book. That was until my wife pointed out that if you've got a book you can never be completely confined, as stories and knowledge can free your mind and maybe even release you from your confinement.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Both the idea and the execution. I Love the idea that books free you from confinement too!
    Wonderful work Phil, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true. There's something slightly knowing / even sardonic ? about the eyebrow that really adds the the character. But the real question Phil is what's the little chap reading...? I cannot make out the title, but it looks to be proper text in there. Suggestions anybody? You could have: "Great Eggspectations" perhaps, or maybe "Green Eggs and Ham"...what, now come on.... stop booing me! :) On a constructive note, and this is just me, but I'd have a different background colour (even black, might be too strong...) to help the little fella stand out. A really lovely take on the topic though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'll own up to a half hearted joke; the book title is Of Mussaurus and Sapienssaurus. It didn't make me laugh either, bet you wish you'd never asked eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably a little wrong that did make me laugh huh?

    Great illustration, I love your take on confinement, and are you nice to give him a book.

    ReplyDelete