Hi. Thanks for stopping by, but this blog is now not in use, please go to www.mrtoodle.com to see my latest artwork and my full portfolio. Thanks for your time.

Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Fearless


As soon as I saw this weeks Illustration Friday topic 'fearless', I thought of this anecdote:

A while ago my wife, whilst staying at her parent's house, witnessed their cat Isa, (Ee-sa) bring a mouse into the kitchen. But just as Isa was about to finish the poor thing off, it stood its ground and squared up to her, standing up on its hind legs and making itself as big as it could. This startled Isa enough for the mouse to leg it before she had a chance to think through her next move. That, was one plucky little mouse.

8 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Love the cat's expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one mouse who played his cards right! Great story and illo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this..the colours and expression! very well done dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great expression on the feline Phil! And a nice tale (or should that be tail...you could say a happy ending for the mouse's tail :) The muted palette really gets the cat's eye's / expression singing out (do Tam's folks have that colour kitchen or is hat your colour choice...?). Very successful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was my colour choice, although they've had a new kitchen fitted since I was last there, so maybe it's now the same colour. It'd be a big coincidence.

    Thank you everyone for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely work. Keep 'em coming!

    It was really nice to catch up over the weekend - thanks for looking after my missus whilst I was off at the nerdcon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really got the feel of this one! I just want to hug both cat and mouse! Nice one Philip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, I love it! that's one brave little mouse in there! Kinda reminds me of Tommy & Jerry...remember them?
    The cat's expression is just awesome! :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete