
Here's my tribute to the beautifully made Jojo in the Stars (YouTube link & Wikipedia link) by the brilliant Studio AKA, who are the people behind a surprising amount of TV adverts and the odd short film. Jojo was released in 2003, and I finally managed to see the whole thing at the Encounters short film festival in Bristol a couple of years later.
It's the story of the angelic Jojo and someone who is only referred to as 'he', who falls in love with her. I was captivated by the look of the first stills and clips I saw, and although now in 2010, there's the odd detail that looks a little dated compared the work Studio AKA are producing now; it's still a stunningly beautiful film, so don't wait, click on the YouTube link and watch it now.
It's the story of the angelic Jojo and someone who is only referred to as 'he', who falls in love with her. I was captivated by the look of the first stills and clips I saw, and although now in 2010, there's the odd detail that looks a little dated compared the work Studio AKA are producing now; it's still a stunningly beautiful film, so don't wait, click on the YouTube link and watch it now.
I remember watching it a while back... will have to watch it again now. aka do some beautiful work. Another great piece from you Phil, and glad you kept it to black and white. Great contrast of tone values. The halftone pattern mixed with soft tone gradations gives some lovely texture. PS. have you checked out thelostthing.com...? I know you'll enjoy sir!
ReplyDeleteCheers for the comments Matt, and the heads up on The Lost Thing site, I've heard murmurings, but that's the first trailer I've seen, it looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHow have I not commented on this?
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful composition. Although it makes me feel very sad and lonely...
I particularly like the rays of light breaking around the character. VERY effective stuff!
Keep 'em coming!